Thursday, March 26, 2009

why is this so hard?

i've got piles of art around my apartment right now. lots of them. large piles.
i'm attached to everything. i learned something making each one, and want to keep it around.
i know it sounds stupid but they're a part of me, and
Dagnabit! I don't want to get rid of any of them.

But, it's so necessary if i want to ever leave this place.

there's a heap in front of me i'm going to throw away today.

i'm taking pictures of everything first for documentation, but it feels more like photographing a piece of me as i shove it in a coffin and stuff it in the ground. forever.

i seriously am on the verge of tears right now. maybe i should take a break that isn't just posting on a blog, only exacerbating my overly emotional reaction to this purge...

2 comments:

leila said...

heyyyy, maybe we want to hang some of the stuff that you're going to throw out? can i ask you to wait for us? or do you need to just get rid of it? in which case, i will leave empty spaces on our wall in memoriam of your artworks.

Carissa said...

i'll keep a pile around that i intend to throw away and you guys can see if you like anything.
:)