Monday, March 30, 2009

man pelting tiny metal objects.

I was in a mall with a group of friends on some trip.

We went to the stairwell after hearing there was a crazy person throwing nails and coins at people from a few flights up.
We descended a few flights and then began to get pelted by the tiny metal objects. One of the guys in the group and I were walking alone together down the stairwell. He took my hand for the first time and we linked fingers. He knew I was scared and the time was right. But still, I joked with him, saying "Isn't this a little intimate?!" (and you know how in dreams everything is extra dramatic...well it felt like we were descending to our doom, so it was even more touching and my joke was even more awkward.)

We continued descending, trying to stay close to the walls so we were struck fewer times by things.
I remember specifically seeing a large coin hit the floor and a large nail, then thinking how badly they could've hurt if I hadn't dodged them so well.
After a long pelting, one of the girls and I escaped.
We went out an Emergency Exit and crawled along the mossy rocks of the seashore as far as we could. It was frigid and misty. We went a long ways, then climbed up onto the grass. We continued to crawl frantically. The grass wasn't misty, but completely wet.
I looked back to the stairwell and at the top there was a glass balcony. The crazy person lived there. He came out onto the balcony and pulled out a long gun. He hoisted it onto his shoulder and began focusing the aim on us.
There were couches scattered throughout the field so we hid behind the closest. Trembling in fear, crouched behind the couch together with his aim on us...that's how I woke up.

No comments: