Sunday, March 8, 2009

sleep laughter

I was sitting at a restaurant with Brice, Vanessa, and some other people. Vanessa was telling a story and I was looking at her. She was sitting on my left. It was about some family member that may be at the music show we were going to after dinner. The story was essentially that whenever they see each other her aunt laughs hysterically and in a peculiar manner...so then Vanessa imitates her laugh. It's pretty much just a loud and repetitive laugh. I think it's the funniest thing on Earth and laugh along with her.
Then I try to imitate the laugh myself and it comes out sounding like the sputtering of a bad exhaust pipe. Vanessa gives me a really-Carissa?-that-was-terrible look and I crack up!
Out. Loud.
I wake up from my own laughter.


Later I was visiting Sebrina, Justin, and Madison in their new apartment. It was at the top of a very steep hill made of apartments. They lived in a basement with a view of the ocean. Madison was really good at climbing down stairs. One instant she'd be next to you, the next, at the bottom of a long flight of stairs looking up with glee and pride.

Also I was walking with two people on a dark sidewalk. There was somebody following us. Occasionally they would beam a bright flashlight on our backs, and continue following us. I turned around and gripped arms, allowing them to carry me so I could look straight at the person while they beamed their light. I thought it may intimidate them away. But it didn't. They followed us for a really long time, and eventually I suggested we go faster because it felt they were catching up with us. And I noted, they look stubby, so I'm sure they can't move fast.
We began to run.
We ran for a long time,
I was following the woman in the group who was a superhero of sorts.
Following her, we had to run horizontally across a brick wall, and jump into a two inch wide slot in such a way our bodies would fit through.
It was terrifying and exhausting, but we eventually lost the person,
or at least,
I woke up before they found us...

No comments: