Sunday, March 22, 2009

babies.

I got to Seattle yesterday afternoon, and hung out with Justin, Shaun, Leila, and baby Marzieh.
So far I've learned babies are calmed by black and white images, they look cute in layers of color and pattern with an emphasis on the leggings and gigantic cheeks, Marzieh's first word will most likely be "irrelevant" or something equally fluent, how to bathe a baby without drowning it or causing infection, and that carl sagan can help you sleep after being woken by the crying of the aforementioned cute baby.

I'd say that's a lot for less than 24 hours.

And now I'm taking a few minutes to be by myself while the socializing continues in the living room with Alex and Amelia who are also going to be raising a baby soon.
It's a little weird being around people not that much older than peers raising the next generation. And though I know it's years away, I can feel now that it's something I certainly want to do too and am absolutely not dreading it.

No comments: