Friday, March 27, 2009

furious subconscious.

Last night my dreams were aggressive.
I yelled at David Wall for being a jerk in class. He was speaking, loudly, will the professor was trying to show us all something. The rest of us were quiet and obedient, but he was blabbing away.
So, I yelled across the room, "David! Why don't you just shut up for once and pay some respect. God!"
He succumbed to the power of my voice.

And then I was on a plane with a really annoying guy who tagged along with me and my friends. He was complaining like nobody's business, writhing around in his seat uncomfortable, and picking on the Chinese ladies sitting beside him.
I got angry at him too. I told him out for being a self-centered jerk and informed him he needed to be patient like the rest of us.

Then I argued with a professor for not being fair.

I read this article yesterday that said when you're angry you shouldn't let it out in cathartic actions like yelling or throwing dishes because it won't solve the problem. It'll make you angry more often...I never yell or throw things. I think my catharsis wreaks it's wrath in my dreams.
Things is, I didn't think I was angry about anything.

4 comments:

leila said...

last night i had a dream that involved you, kindof:

i was sitting somewhere, and noticed a bookshelf. zooming in to meet me was the title of one of the books, "Sumayya Land" or Place, or something. it had Sumayya in the title, and i was like "i didn't know there was a part of china called Sumayya!" and then i picked up the book, on the cover was a man, and it was about how he was ancestrally from another part of china but had come to be born and grow up in Sumayya. and it was an important book because Sumayya is a hard-to-get-to and secretish part of china.

i remember thinking, "Carissa has to see this book!" and i turned to a page towards the middle/end of the book, and read what appeared to be an introduction, including some of the information i just described above. and then it said something like how you have to wear only bright, especially primary, colours in Sumayya Land, very clean and new clothes, and the author's mother never fit in because she always wanted to wear drab, old clothes that were baggy. and it had pictures of both of them.

and then it said something about how the author did fit in, he would wear these beautiful clothes, but he was also sometimes like "WTF!!?" about the other customs in Sumayya Land.

then justin came into it somehow.

i think the point is i need to stop reading the internet.

xxoox
leila

Carissa said...

what were the other customs in Sumayya land?
sounds pretty cool...

Calli said...

ha ha ha...yelling at david wall...

Carissa said...

yeah.
hopefully it's not a prophetic dream...