Thursday, March 5, 2009

surreal.

I fainted today and was convinced for a moment I was going to die.

I had a severe pain in my lower back, got off the couch, walked across the room, then keeled over in pain. I tried to find a position on the floor that would make it stop. It wouldn't. I kept moving positions and nothing would work. I began to sweat and cry. Recognizing being on the floor wasn't helping any, I got up and walked back towards the couch,then opened my eyes and saw I was on the floor with two chairs and a lamp fallen over beside me.

I got up, fell onto the couch, and lied there for a moment. My ears were buzzing really loudly to the point of not being able to hear anything else.
That and the pain went away after a couple more minutes,and then I cried. hard.
And called my parents.

I went to see the doctor, who is also the man I used to work for as a receptionist. Everyone at that clinic are beautiful and they treated me like family. It was the most pleasant doctor experience you could possibly have.
I'm getting some tests done, but essentially, the doctor said the fainting was because of the pain, but he doesn't know the reason for the pain.

I'm not worried anymore knowing I've got a doctor that cares. And feel physically absolutely fine, but it was a really scary afternoon.

1 comment:

_explosions said...

wow... that is intense! dang... i'm sorry you had to go through that, but really glad you had someone you could turn to.