Tuesday, March 3, 2009

good morning Bellingham

so the fast went well yesterday. i've taken the chance to cut back on coffee so most of the day was somewhat unfocused with a looming headache and need for sleep.
but i wasn't terribly hungry...and i guess even if i were, that's not the point?
anyway,
it feels really good to have committed to something fully, to have a strict schedule, and to see that the sun is rising earlier and setting later every day.
it's about time that you come out to play sun, it's about time.

on another note, Maia came over last night to watch the film Lost in Beijing with me. we did that, and were terribly disturbed. everyone in that film is screwy and all they do is disrespect themselves and each other the ENTIRE film. i kept finding myself gawking at the laptop screen in shock and disapproval. Maia's face was composed but clearly focused intently on their misdeeds.
anyway, if you want to watch four Chinese people constantly being jerks to one another, you should watch it. otherwise, don't.

Maia slept over because busing home in the evenings is never fun. She slept in my dreamspace, I on the futon because of this early morning noise. I was awake most of the night for some reason, lying there happily awake. I really have no clue why. But the whole time, and now, after waking, I feel a comfort in knowing a friend is here.
I hope she's having interesting, memorable dreams right now.

No comments: