Monday, January 5, 2009

wedding and purple goo monsters

I dreamt I was at my sister's wedding, which in real life is coming up.
It was dark, there were few people there, and the ground was muddy.
Nobody was prepared, except the video man.
She had hired some wacky dude to play videos. More appropriately they would be snapshots of Alisha and Alex's lives, played to a happy song. Instead, they were short clips he had made to advertise his obnoxious self.
He stood there on the stage, spinning things like a DJ even though the technology didn't require it.
My mom and I were watching him, distressed at his obnoxiousness and neither of us were dressed for the wedding to come. So we ran off to buy dresses.
We bought things closest to our reach, hardly checking to see if they fit or how they look on us. It was all so rushed.
Then I saw Alisha and she was happy. She didn't care that everything was disastrous, but she was worried that not many people had showed up yet.

Then I woke up, fell back asleep and had this dream:
A man, me and some friends were living in an old house that was being renovated. Some of the walls were torn down, leaving rooms open to the cold outside air.
We were sitting around and a purple goo oozed into one of the rooms. It oozed from the ceiling and fell to the floor. It was evil goo.
That goo was going to kill us. It was going to become monsters and come after us slowly. I panicked.
I began running through the house locking all the doors that could be, hoping that the goo couldn't breach a locked doorknob.
I was so scared. I fell into the position of protector, because I was the only one taking actions to increase our security. After the sun set, tensions rose. A group of children showed up at the door. They were innocently unafraid. I brought them in the house. The old man was seated in an old chair rocking back and forth slowly. He had chosen to give in to the goo and he was just waiting for them to kill him. He watched as the kids came in. I looked to him, hoping he would help or know what place would be safe to put them. He just looked at me, with half-closed eyes, and slowly shook his head from side to side.
I herded them into a back room where the rest of us were.

Later I came out into the living room where the old man was sitting and noticed he had boarded up an enormous hole in the wall. I guess he changed his mind. Some more people came over. Adults. They were also oblivious to the present danger.

Everything else is fuzzy now, but I know that I did a lot more to combat the monsters. I also know that I was protecting one little girl in particular. Everything was frantic and I was terrified, so it was a relief when I woke up again to see I was safely curled up on my friend's couch.

I think it was the trailer for Let the Right One In that gave me this goo nightmare.

No comments: