Sunday, January 18, 2009

some things.







Yesterday, in the SUN, as we walked, Katie, Mary and I came across this V.W. Bug and it stole my heart immediately. Whoever in Bellingham owns it, I partly wish I were you so that I could sit in that beautiful automobile of yours.

When I see V.W. Bugs they not only give me a peace of mind, they remind me how awesome my family is. I can brag, if not to the people I'm with, at least to myself, about how we always had 2 bugs and a Carmengia parked in our driveway in Virginia. None of them worked so well, but they were rad. They were the projects of Shaun, Justin, and dad. And I'm realizing now, this is probably the most stereotypical aspect of the Manns---that the three men of the family, while living in a cul-de-sac, worked on the inner mechanics of their V.W. Bugs. I mean, how American male is that???


The other photos I've posted are of a gas station in New Mexico. Yes, it is called Love's and perfectly so, it was the spot most truckers stopped to fill their tanks.
The pictures are pretty crappy but I honestly didn't want to get too close. I feel awkward around truckers. The blurry one is from the car as we drove away. I like how the heart looks in that one.
(I'm just posting these because I hadn't yet. I don't think of the Love's gas station as having any relationship with my deep deep love for V.W. Bugs. At least, not yet....or DO I? Love's...Love for bugs...)




Also, I just want to note, briefly, some things that are neat:
-the sun
-Carl Jung (note to self: pronounced young)
-improv
-artists of one medium appreciating art of another
-sharing moving quotations
-of course, V.W. Bugs
-walking with friends
-and stars
All of these things were a part of yesterday. It was a good day.

The sun is out again today so, fingers crossed, today will follow suit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i emailed you a photo of the beetles