Tuesday, January 20, 2009

digging a hole.

I dreamt I was playing a game on a patch of dirt with Rochelle and Mike--who I never knew well, lived with Jeremy and Glenn, and left recently.
It was a highly strategic game, that they already knew how to play, but I was unfamiliar with. They were being extremely nice, helping me, teaching me the terminology of every move and character.
It came to a point we had to dig for the remains of one of the characters in this patch of dirt. I got chosen to do it. Mike pointed to the spot to dig, and Rochelle told me it was at least three feet under.
I began to dig, with something equally efficient to a toothpick.

I was skeptical that the remains were under that spot, thinking he might be leading me astray, but chose to trust him instead.

As I dug, the hole got so deep that I crawled down into it and continued digging, occasionally peering up through the tunnel of dirt to see Rochelle and Mike.

No comments: