Monday, January 19, 2009

pardon me.

Apparently that's not all I have to say.

I'm remembering a dream scene.

So I walked into a McDonalds in the middle of a town far away from anything I recognized. There was desert around. As I walked in I peered around to see who was there, in case I knew somebody. I saw a couple of guys seated beside one another looking over at me. One was Seth Rogen from the show Freaks and Geeks and the movie Pineapple Express. The other, I'm not sure. They were laughing with each other about me. I was really uncomfortable, but my desire for fries outweighed my embarrassment so I proceeded to the cashier. The girl behind the counter was completely uninterested in my existence. I ordered fries but called them "tyes" (that's how it was spelled in my mind). This was the name of the child version of fries. She thought it was a stupid order. I gave her my money, bashfully, and she gave me my tyes.
I walked around the island that was the cashier's desk and kitchen, and sat at a table behind it. The two guys giddily watched me as I passed them.
The moment I sat down Steve arrived and scooted into the booth with me, along with Kristin and Vanessa, who sat themselves across from us. I was shocked.
None of them thought it was so strange that we had bumped into each other, and of all places, in a tiny town, in a McDonalds.(I haven't been in one for something like at least ten years.) I stole some soda from the fountain, and Kristin and Vanessa poured themselves some wine.
All I really remember of the conversation was how I felt, seeing them all there. Steve was hardly speaking with me, instead spoke mostly with them about dancing. They were loving his attention and also sort of ignored me. I felt significantly smaller than them. I just sat there eating my tyes slowly, bite by bite, while they all scarfed down their full meals.


I think this dream means something, so I need to think about some more. Right now I have no clue.

No comments: