Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the night beach.

I was in a place on a camping trip, with a large group of people.
I think it was sort of at the family reunion we're about to have in Seattle. It was the middle of the night, I wandered off down to the beach, by myself.
It was cold and dark.

I conjured up the scene in Eternal Sunshine when Joel and Clementine were at a beach running through the fields of some kind of brush. She was leading him off somewhere. I saw her bright red/pink hair flowing in the wind as they rain. I felt his hesitation.

Thinking about that scene, I ran off into the brush.
I could feel the reeds and grass slapping my body as I forced myself through it, and the running was difficult, being mostly on sand.
I ran and ran.
I kept running until I got scared, realizing I was really alone.
I had run deep into the wilderness, where I began to think a snake or any sort of unknown creature could be resting. I didn't know why I was running out there and didn't know why I wasn't scared until that point, so I was feeling confused about the whole situation. I started to fear some creature resting in the brush could pop out and snatch me. So I turned around and ran back along the same path.

When I returned to the foot of the staircase, which I must have taken to get there in the first place, I saw people.
The sun was on the brink of the horizon and the sky was a dim yellow gray.
I tried to explain to them what I just did and why, but I couldn't. I didn't fully understand it myself. It was mostly a feeling, that it was something I had to do.

From what I vaguely remember I was alone in most of my dreams last night...which seems unusual for me.

2 comments:

Anastasya said...

Don't be lonely. =(

Do you a have a particular reading for this dream? Because it has meaning to me.

Carissa said...

I don't yet. I want to know yours please.