Monday, January 19, 2009

today.

This is more of a dear diary situation. It probably will not be interesting, I'm just trying to keep my days and nights in the same blog.

Today turned out to be a funky day.
I think the mood of my dream spilled over and flowed through the entirety of my waking hours until a couple of hours ago, when the mood shifted.

I lost my debit card, immediately after using it,
spoke with my mom about a man who, in a celebratory speech, mistook Martin Luther King for Obama,
got a call from Matt who is actually currently in town. not in China,
walked a long distance with Glenn and Jeremy to nowhere in particular, feeling weird inside and choosing not to hide it,
read some more of the monstrous Jung book,
and capped it off by having dinner and ice cream with people I haven't seen it what feels like ages: May Jamshedi, Alex Jamshedi, Matt Gregory, and a Baha'i in town I had yet to meet until today: Chris Sabeti.

I've thought of these people on and off for months, including Chris because I knew I would meet him one day, having been told he was moving into Bellingham. I had conjured up what their reactions to me would be. Fearing they would question why they hadn't seen me in so long, I was relieved to be greeted, instead, by May's compliments and Chris's genuine smile.

i worry. i make things which are not things into things. i wish i could change this about myself.

No comments: