Friday, August 1, 2008

Xiao Zhong Dian part I

From Kunming we went to Lijiang, then to Zhong Dian, then to Xiao Zhong Dian, where we stayed with a couple who had a few open beds for us to sleep in.
It was a tiny tiny village where a couple of Sebrina's students were doing surveys in the local homes.

The surroundings were absolutely gorgeous, and even through my lack of caffeine fog brain, I could recognize how lucky we were to be there.


View looking back towards Xiao Zhong Dian.


Traditional housing of the area. I've forgotten the name of the people...I'll ask Sebrina. If you look at the house to the right you can see 5 large wooden beams running down the side of the house. The 2 on the outside are slanted inward and the angle of the edge of the home slants outward, making the house stronger, and lending to an interesting aesthetic.


This herder was walking past as I was standing in the entrance to the kitchen where we were staying.

And as we were walking back from speaking with villagers in their homes, these pigs were having a stroll alongside us.


This shows how vast the sky was there and shows probably a third of the village we were visiting.

No comments: