Thursday, August 28, 2008

current feelings

Today I spent hours organizing clothes, making a pile I need to get rid of, and listening to nonstop techno and dance beats. It was fun, dancing a little, while sorting all my clothes into categories.

I also bought a ticket to Seattle on the greyhound for tomorrow. I'm going to Bumbershoot with Shaun and Leila! I'll be seeing Band of Horses and Beck, amongst other bands I don't know of yet...I 'll post about the best music we see.

After that I went to the gym...It helps me feel energetic and happier. Being in Bellingham right now, I very much feel in limbo and out of place. It's depressing me rapidly. It's hard to remind myself that the reason I'm in this town is for school, when I'm not attending it.
To add to not working or attending school, I haven't felt inspired to make any art.
I guess I'm mostly feeling useless. I mean, I am looking for a job, cleaning a ton, and seeing friends...but there's something missing.
I really miss the daily adventures of Beijing. Every day really was interesting as long as you stepped outside, and sometimes even if you stayed in.
I also miss being around family. There's nothing like it-that comfort level, that unconditional love.
Being in China, living with Justin and Sebrina, aside from setting my decision to return to China after graduation, it also made me sure I want a family some day. Obviously there are practical issues that make it difficult to be married or have kids, but despite the realities I became more aware of this summer, it definitely seems worth it.

I'm just sort of ranting, and not sure how this even happened.
I went to type a boring blog about my day and intended to add a note about Bumbershoot, then I spilled.

No comments: