Saturday, August 23, 2008

I've been sleeping too much these days

I'm posting this because it doesn't happen often for me, thankfully.

Yesterday I was meant to meet my friend Sheyda's boyfriend. (My friend Sheyda is especially dear to me, we went to high-school together and Israel and we'll never lose touch. We're more like family than friends. And her boyfriend, well, I'll just say he's more like her fiance.)
We were set to meet at noon at university village in Seattle, a trendy street of shops set up against the University of Washington's campus.
I set my alarm for 10, because it's about an hour's commute by bus from my brother's place.

I was prepared to be there, on time.

I woke up, feeling well and refreshed, looked at my phone to check the time, since I hadn't heard the alarm yet and it was dead!
It had died while I was sleeping.
I ran out to the kitchen to look at the oven time and it was in fact 12:56, which would leave me more than an hour late for our meeting!

I muttered 'Damn' quietly, thinking somebody might still be in the house and asleep?

I tried frantically searching for a cell phone charger, but to no avail.

So I unfortunately sent him a facebook message apology in the hopes that he's an avid checker.

An hour or so later Leila came home and I was able to charge the phone and text him at work. Of course he was gracious about it and we're meeting today instead...in fact, I should be getting ready right now.

No comments: