Sunday, August 10, 2008

We also went to NAMOC

When Andrea was here, we went to NAMOC, and spent a few hours the first time, then came back for two more hours the next day. It was an Olympics inspired show with entries from around the world.


I love the huge painting on the wall. So simple, but so...nice. I have a picture sans Chinese man, but I kind of like this one better. A second later he noticed I was standing there with a camera posed, and he shyly laughed and giddily jogged away. :)


Those are sheep, clouds, spheres, and a woman on a blue scape.


They used acrylic and pen to add shading and depth with cross-hatching.

I believe that's an image of a winged creature carrying off a man's head.



Some nice paint application. They used the frosting technique...one of my favorites.


This is stainless steel and it reminds me of Bjork and the artwork associated with her Volta album.


And this reminds me of Wassily Kandinsky.
It's watercolor and Chinese ink.


This is what I want to look like for Halloween. Seriously, how cool would that be...but I'm not sure yet how to do it.

No comments: