Thursday, August 14, 2008

leaving now

Last night, the last time I would possibly have a chance to attend, I was offered tickets to an Olympic game! Matt and I went with a group of people to see women's field hockey-New Zealand v. Great Britain. Apparently they were well matched because only 3 total points were scored 1 NZ-2 GB. Though despite the very slight difference in goals, the British team was generally much better. Most of the game was New Zealand fending off Britain's offense. Unfortunately the New Zealanders in the audience were more enthusiastic, banging on the bleachers and screaming throughout the game...all to no avail.
Watching the game made me want to play hockey so badly. It's the one and only sport I'm all that interested in.

After that we went out to the Dutch house, a hang out for Dutch people and Olympic athletes. They let Americans in too...we saw a gold medalist, and otherwise just stood around making conversation in a little foreign bubble in the middle of Beijing.
Oh, and a couple times I had Dutch spoken to me. It made me feel more authentically European.



...In about 4 hours I head back to America.

But first another trip to the cafe is in order.

No comments: