Sunday, August 24, 2008

what I did yesterday, and will do today

Yesterday I started the day earlier than usual, leaving the house at 9:30 am to meet Ata, Sheyda's boyfriend.
He really is a lovely guy. I don't use the word lovely as an adjective often, so seriously...very nice.
I let him tell his side of their "story" so far.

Then I met up with Shaun and Leila for pitas on the Ave, one of the coolest things you can do in Seattle midday.

Then I packed and we headed up to Bellingham. We stopped in for some outlet mall shopping along the way, which turned out to be somewhat successful. There were swarms of people, so navigating around them wasn't particularly easy, but if you focused well enough of the items for sale you could almost ignore all of them.

After that, as we got closer to Bellingham I felt more and more nervous and anxious. I'm not sure why, but every time I return to Bellingham from some time away I get nervous. I think it might be that it's supposed to be my home, and despite the deep friendships I've developed here, I don't feel this place (as a place) is home. It's more like where my school is and where a bunch of sweet people are. I think that makes me feel concerned that maybe I won't fit into the life I had before I left because I've been living another life, quite different and far away.
So far I'm fitting back in, but now I'm nervous because I don't necessarily want to fit back into everything. I don't want to step back into old habits.

Today Katie and I planned to go to the gym, which she does now! That's a big change. She used to be the one completely averted to going there. I understood, but I went more than often. Now we're going together?! weird.
Then we're going to Buffalo Exchange to see if there's any awesome cheap clothing.
Then we're going to walk around town to see if i can't find a job somewhere else. (Crossing the fingers tightly...almost losing blood flow.)
And in the mean time I'll call Maryann and Calli to see them and the evening will unfold however it wants.

No comments: