Friday, August 29, 2008

Lacey phone calls

Last night as Katie and I headed out to pick up a movie, I got a call.
The girl on the other end very excitedly said "Lacey!!!!!"
so I replied, "Sorry, this is her old phone. I have her old number so this isn't Lacey."
-"Oh, well me and a couple of her old friends are in town and we just wanted to meet up! Do you know her?"
"No. I don't know her. I just have her old number. I get a lot of calls for her."
-"Oh...We're having dinner somewhere and we want to know where's a cool place to go to a bar here?!"
"Ummmm...The Up & Up."
-"The WHAT?!"
"The Up & Up?"
-"Okay."(in the background-who are you talking to????-"I don't know. a girl, we're talking about what bars to go to!!!) "Any others that are cool around here?"
"Rumors?" (I suggested, hoping it would be packed with single homosexuals looking for a good time...I've heard it used to be a gay bar. Apparently nowadays it's for anyone, but there's a chance they've got the occasional catering to the gay community)
-"Okay! Hey, what's your name?!"
"Carissa..."
-"Me too! That's my name! Carissa!"
"Really? Crazy!" (I said genuinely excited. Random phone calls from someone with the same name doesn't happen often.)
-"Hey, do you know Jessie Warms???!"
"Actually, yeah, I think I do. From a class." (We aren't friends, I just met her and recognized the name.)
-"Cool! That's who I'm with right now! We're at Bob's Burgers downtown!"
"Oh. okay."
[This is the best part:]
-"Okay! Well if you see Lacey, tell her we're in town and we want to see her!!!"
"Haha......okay. I will."



who knows...maybe one day I will run into Lacey.
The day previous I got a message from Blockbuster informing me I, Lacey, would be charged for the movies I hadn't returned.
I've gotten texts from her friends too, saying things like "I wish you were here Babe" at 4 in the morning. Another saying something like "I enjoyed seeing you the other day so much!"...I replied with "I didn't."

This phone call made me really appreciate Lacey. I look forward to the next exciting bout of conversation with one of Lacey's many acquaintances, who don't know her new number going on 3 years...

No comments: