Tuesday, October 21, 2008

goobledigook

After getting to school, still feeling like I was dreaming, things went very slowly and slightly surreal-y.
Every conversation I had with my friends, teachers, and acquaintances were painfully awkward. I just felt like I couldn't communicate most things properly, and definitely was failing at any casual banter.

Then in painting I had the longest dejavu I've ever had in my life. My professor was speaking to me about what I should do to make my painting better and the whole time I felt like I could see who was walking down the hall outside the room. I imagined each one walking towards me, making eye contact. All I wanted to do was run out there and see if it was reality in the moment, but I couldn't. I had to stay there listening to her feedback. Hopefully I didn't offend her because I know I must have either looked spacey, upset with her, or like I was completely ignoring her advice because I tried looking in her eyes but I couldn't engage in any conversation because I felt like I wasn't standing there with her.

On a related note, I understand my sister now. I understand why she used to say things like "I think I have a tumor." Because I think I have a tumor. Maybe not really, but today along with the inability to communicate on a normal level, and the intense dejavu, I've been having a throbbing piercing pain in the back of my brain.

And this isn't as strange, but I got a kick out of it. On the way into the gym today I overheard a couple girls.
"What are you going to do today?"
"The treadmill."
"Dido."
The word "dido" is just so rare it seemed noteworthy.

I feel like my conversations today would have been more appropriate if only they went something like:
"Hey, how's your day going?"
"Oh...Alright. I think I have a tumor."
"Dido."

No comments: