Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fleet Foxes

Saw Fleet Foxes on campus last night. They were amazing.
I would think everyone left that concert with a heart limp from all the emotional kneading. I did.

And I, along with every other girl who have seen them, is in love with the lead singer. His voice is heavenly.
The band is funny as a group too. They chat between songs, and collectively act self conscious.


An interesting thing about the concert is that I kept thinking of 30 or so years later, looking back to it as a memory. Thinking of the current as the past, I looked around realizing everyone was so young--the band, me, my friends, the rest of the crowd. I was thinking of how it's just like when my parents would go see concerts at my age or so (I would assume they did that at some point...) I also felt reassured everything would turn out okay. That one day, we will all be sitting around reflecting on the the fond memories from our youth, this being one of them.

It was weird feeling so conscious of being in an early stage of life.

No comments: