Thursday, October 30, 2008

10-30-08

I saw someone I've unintentionally hurt while at some science museum/art gallery/nature observatory. There were a lot of people there, mostly my age.
He came over to me with a big confident smile on his face and said, "We should talk sometime," and I eagerly replied, "Yes! How about right now!" We walked together through the crowds of people, across a wooden bridge and tried to find a place we had some privacy. I don't know if we ever found it, but I was so happy that he didn't seem upset with me anymore and we had the chance to hash things out finally. If only that was true...

Also my mom and someone went on a trip to the biggest snowy mountain in the country. Before leaving I told my mom it would be a really difficult hike, but she told me not to worry, that she was looking forward to it. It wasn't cold, but it was white. We took the famous hike up to the mountain, winding around large rocks and through vast fields. We passed by a waterfall I couldn't see the top off. The trail was really narrow in parts and difficult to navigate. When we got to the mountain the rest of the hike was straight up the steep incline of a snowy hill. We did it, and it felt vaguely familiar. I had been there before. At the top there were buildings for the hikers who made it, a sort of cool person club for those intense enough to climb the mountain. We hung out in there. I went to the restroom. The lighting was really dim in there and I looked at myself in the two mirrors on either sides of the corner.

Then we were back at the house, a large house. My parents were there, Alisha was there sprawled on the floor writing or drawing, Justin was on his way, and Shaun and Leila were there but I couldn't see them. When I was informed of Justin's near arrival I thought, "wow. it's the whole family!," but Sebrina and Madison couldn't make it, so then I realized that wasn't quite true and didn't say anything. Then I didn't really dream for a little while. I was just thinking. I was trying to remember the last time the whole family was together and when the next time potentially would be. It was too difficult to think about real time, so that didn't last long and I was back in dreamland in an instant.

Now that I think about it, I guess my sister's wedding in June will be the next time we're all together...which really will be the first time we're ALL together including Alex, her soon to be husband (if J and S come from China that is...which they should.) That's incredibly exciting and I seriously wish it were sooner.

That's all I can remember for now.

No comments: