Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10-14-08

Alright, so I'm going to be very vague about this dream because it's too embarrassing to explain the details.
I was hanging out with a friend of mine and my mom. We were all lounging around casually, then a conversation about a disagreement between my friend and I came up. My friend decided he needed to explain things to my mom in private, so they went out on the balcony and spoke together while I was left inside to mope about what I didn't get to know. They left through a pristinely clean, probably recently washed glass sliding door onto a balcony with a roof. It was nighttime and raining. Also, my mom was younger.

Then when they came back in, my friend had a list he handed me. The words were scratched into it in phrases and bullet points scattered everywhere on a medium sized scrap of crumpled then re-flattened paper. The list continued on the other side. It was all the reasons why he and I should not be close friends any longer. I sort of remember there being a significance about how many reasons there were, but I'm not sure of that number. The reasons were offensive and I'm not willing to write them here, but suffice it to say* I woke up after that feeling both hurt and confused.

I was genuinely upset, recognizing it was probably untrue but not fully convinced. I felt like I could go find that note and read it, so instead of having to wake up and potentially face the reality of reading that horrible note, I decided to continue sleeping, past my Journalism class.
I think this is the first time I semi-consciously decided to skip a class because a dream has made me so sad.

*Is that the proper use of the phrase? I always mess up colloquial phrases like that one.

No comments: