Monday, October 13, 2008

10-13-08

Last night my mom was my sister in law, Leila, and pregnant. My dad was Shaun.
They looked like my parents but they were in the life situation of my brother and sister in law.

One night, as I was visiting them in their new home, my mom was complaining of feeling pain everywhere from the pregnancy. Her whole body was aching. My dad wasn't doing anything about it. He was busy with work and didn't realize her pain, because she didn't say anything.
I just knew she was hurting, so I went to her and asked if there's anything I could do. She said no. I said, there must be. So she lied down on the couch and rested for a while.
I had arranged plans for us all to go to a poetry reading, and it looked like we wouldn't be able to go.
She was still hurting, and dad came over and sat down watching.
I told her she should take a bath, that it might relieve the pain. She decided that would be a good idea, and indulged in the bath. Her deciding to do that, meant dad had to stay home with her and I either could sacrifice the plans for the evening and stay too...because taking baths is serious business. People need to be around for that...Or I could go and leave mom in dad's hands.
They both encouraged me to go to the poetry reading. So I did.

But I thought I was late so I scrambled rapidly trying to find the right clothes to wear. I kept trying on outfits and thinking they looked stupid, and inappropriate for such a cultural event as a poetry reading. I tried on multiple things, until finally I settled on a Grey hoodie and a soft brown fake leather skirt. As I put on the skirt I thought about how weird it was that I was the kind of person who bought fake leather skirts, and wondered how I had become that way.
I went back out into the living room, saw the time, and realized I wasn't late at all. My dad scoffed politely at me, and I decided to head out, since I had finally settled on an outfit right in time for me to leave, and have the time to walk their casually.

I just arrived at the symphony hall, where the reading was to be held.
Then I woke up.

No comments: