Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10-22--08

I dreamt I was living with a family that I know. Their parents have recently decided to divorce so it was a stressful place to be.
I'm not sure if I was living with the father or the mother. It was like they took turns with the house along with the kids.
The woman hated the neighbors, but the man loved them. The neighbors complained to me about it. I tried reconciling the differences by explaining to the neighbors how the two of them are very different people, but both really lovely if you give them a chance.
The neighbor guy just shrugged my words off his shoulders and walked away.
I remember looking into their house and seeing the whole family at dinner, sitting prim and proper.
There was an enormous paper bag in the kitchen. It was about a person's length wide and half that tall. It had recycling in it, mostly bottles. The woman was really upset about this, and cleaned up after her ex-husband spitefully. She also moved a desk so that his favorite spot to sit was no longer available. She moved the desk up against the wall where that seat normally was, in order to "make room for more seats on the other side."

It was all really uncomfortable, being involved in their lives, knowing they were just trying to hurt each other.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

to clarify--the enormous paper bag was in the divorced couple's home, not the neighbors.