Monday, February 9, 2009

some dreamy things.

I saw Alisha, she was meant to be bringing along a group of handicapped children but she said the cost made her boss choose not to support the trip.
She came alone.
When she arrived my family was in a house, somebody else's.
Before she arrived, I and a few peers were there, experiencing the wrath of the parents, who parented separately and with brute force. It was extremely upsetting. But I didn't say a word, to their faces.
And way before she arrived we prepared for her coming. We were in this building, talking about cakes. We were making three of them. One, sitting on the edge of a round table in front of us, was completed. It was one layer, apparently chocolate, with a pink fondant frosting covering and billowing off of it, draping over the table in flowers.
Beside the table with the flowing pink cake was a structure that you could crawl into. This was possibly an art space of some sort. A guy I was with took the initiative to be the first to crawl in. I followed.
Later, on my own, in a place completely unknown, I went into a McDonalds. (again??) Embarrassed, again, to be there, I looked around at the people seated at their desks eating. None of them cared I was there, but I felt I had lost all hope and self respect because I was there. The cash register was an old woman at a booth, we stood in line, then had our chance to speak with her. I asked for a coffee, she explained the options. One was a short coffee which was like a mixed cappuccino, one a soup coffee which was literally the size of a large soup bowl, a "punch to the death" coffee?? which was flavored, served in a bag inside of a box, and the cool, and admittedly crude part is you punch it with a needle to drink. I think there was another coffee that had to do with dinosaurs. I went for the simplest, short coffee.
I set my things down and walked to the center of the room. I was very self conscious. Being in the center, didn't make anything better.
A black woman came over towards me, really close. A white woman was standing at the counter beside me, with a toddler in her arms. The two were having a boisterous conversation. The white woman offered the black woman a pair of dangly earrings, then a pair of glasses. The black woman was ecstatic about the glasses because she could finally see again.

No comments: