Tuesday, February 24, 2009

more on the dentist.

Just as I arrived at the dentist today I heard a man yelling words. At first I thought it was obnoxious, then the words he was saying registered in my mind: "Gorgeous hair! Flowing nice! Beautiful!"
I looked over and there were two clean but burly men, one yelling those words across the street at me.
I was too confused to react, turned and entered the dentist's office feeling a strange sense of pride for my mane.


Then the dentist, after asking me a few times about tooth adjustments told me, "You're really good at knowing how you're feeling and describing it."
I told myself she wasn't just talking about my teeth and felt really good about myself.

...See, the dentist isn't so bad.

1 comment:

leila said...

i like this story. yep, i like it a lot.