Saturday, February 28, 2009

last night

was pretty cool.

It was Glenn's birthday recently so we went to see some live music then dance. We joined forces with Riley who was also celebrating his birthday. Riley was on ecstasy so it was really interesting speaking with him. (mom, dad, don't worry. just don't. i've never dropped any kind of drug...it's actually the first time i've even been around someone on E) Anyway, at one point I was standing beside him and he looked over at me with a continued eye contact for about a minute and said "Carissa, you're a gorgeous enigma" and I first laughed awkwardly, then said "What?" so he repeated. Then I said "Awwww, thanks, I don't really know what that means but..."
"That means you're a mystery. You're so shy, but then you talk and you have interesting things to say."
"Oh. Thanks!" then I patted him on the shoulder and said, "I know it's the ecstacy talking, but thanks."
"No. no. I've thought this before."
"Haha, okay. thanks."

Then we all went to hear the band.
Which by the way was amazing. They really blew my mind. They were like jazz and funk and metal all at once. They're a local band called Jill Brazil, you should listen on myspace, they're soooooo good: http://www.myspace.com/jillbrazil
Of course they're better live than on myspace, but still.

So after that, Bryce, Glenn and I couldn't stop saying "amazing" "so good" "awesome" then went to dance. It was super fun dancing with Glenn doing his hippy-like wiggle.

So yeah, the night was fun.
Now I need to plan my last quarter at Western, and figure out some Tesol business.

(I'm feeling self conscious and weird about the way i've been writing on this blog. it's become a really egotistical thing, but i guess that's that. hopefully it doesn't make me seem like a jerk that only cares about herself.)

No comments: