Friday, May 1, 2009

codeine dreams

my dreams involved being in an enormous mall on a secret mission to find something hidden in a dark tunnel behind a vault.
It was scary and strange and dangerous.

It ended with me running through the mall as fast as I could, running from a man, presumably my lover but also my enemy.
I ran into a special portion of the mall made of entirely gold jewelry shops, where he bought me earrings to catch and subdue me.
It worked.

My favorite scene in the dream was when a man opened the vault on an otherwise innocent white mall wall. He opened it to a dark tunnel that went on forever. At the end of it was our goal, was the thing we (a group of us) intended to get. We needed it.
Maryann held a flashlight to the tunnel and it beamed a line of light all the way to through the tunnel hitting something golden. That was it, and I remember feeling terror in anticipation of needing to crawl into the deep darkness.

I woke up sweating and feeling out of it.
These past few days I've felt the closest to what a crazy person must feel like, and I think the sickness combined with the evening ritual of codeine syrup is likely actually making me crazy.

No comments: