Sunday, May 3, 2009

a list.

1. Yesterday I went to the library to pick up some books I had on hold. The lady had an enormous smile on her face. She said, "Everytime I see your name I smile...My name is Clarissa Mannsfield."
Whoa.

2. Yesterday I read in the book Hard-Boiled Wonderland, by Haruki Murakami, a passage that was exactly what I dreamt a few nights ago:
"The woman jiggled a metal fitting in the corner, and presently a portion of the facing wall began to open inward lifting up like the door of the trunk of a compact car. Through the opening it was pitch black, but I could feel a chill, damp air blowing...Stepping into the total blackness wasn't my idea of fun, but I toughened up my nerve and planted one foot inside the gaping hold. I crouched forward to duck head and shoulders through, coaxing my other foot along...I stook there dumbfounded, as if I'd been hit by a blunt object, overcome by the chilling realization of my utter helplessness...I felt for the flashlight switch and sent a welcome beam of light straight out across nowhere."
(Not exactly the same, but eerily so.)

3. It poured and poured and was windy windy all night long.

4. The Shins concert from outside the black plastic covered gates. We ended up with better seats under shelter than the people inside, standing in the rain, who paid money...to stand in the rain.
We left early too. The shins are okay.

5. This kind of sickness makes me hear everything weird, so it's like I've been living in a bubble, or inside the television set broadcasting my life. I don't feel like I'm directly interacting with anyone or anything.
But at the same time I'm super sensitive to taste...so I'm living through my tongue.

6. I haven't started any of the many things I need to get done yet. None of them. I've tried printing my article, but it failed. I've tried reading other things, but nothing comes through. I haven't tried painting, that scares me.
But today is the day I will do things, no matter how they turn out, because it is Sunday.

7. I'm not sure what this list is. It was weird things that happened yesterday. Now I don't know.
...

8. Maia is sitting on my couch.

No comments: