Thursday, May 28, 2009

a couple of near memories

I know I dreamt of China last night, but I can't remember anything that happened.
The only reason I remember that is because I'm reading this npr article about a controversial book detailing the horrors underlying China's modern day society, horrors that are hidden from and denied by the current generation. Reading the article I could feel I was in China last night. A little weird.

And I know I dreamt of a professor nagging me about sentence structure, being a real jerk about it. I remember defending myself, saying the sentence needed to be broken into two as I had it. Otherwise it was a ridiculous run-on that nobody could ever follow. I remember getting passionately angry at her for not agreeing with me. I felt she was just being contrary for the hell of it.

No comments: