Tuesday, May 26, 2009

quotes

I'm cleaning and found this quote I meant to share like a month ago:

"There are times he closes his eyes and sinks into a great silence. I cannot tell if he is overcome by melancholy, or if this is simply the switch of some internal mechanism. Once the silence envelops him, I can say nothing until he regains his senses. As he slowly reopens his eyes, he looks at me blankly, the fingers of his hands moving vaguely on his lap as if to divine why I exist there before him."

"With the sound turned down, I had gotten confused by the sheer discrepancy between the non-sounds and the reality that would have produced them had they been audible...Which is to say, a waterfall ought to have a waterfall's worth of sound."

-Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Haruki Murakami

2 comments:

leila said...

we miss you, too. come visit?

Carissa said...

we'll be able to see each other soon at the wedding.
until then school is demanding too much attention. :P it's so needy sometimes...

but yeah, i'll see you guys in less than a month!