Sunday, May 17, 2009

the park.

Yesterday at Boulevard was ideal, and being one of Katie and I's last visits there together, it was fittingly so.
We sat on the rocks hidden by a couple trees from the masses of people and sunshine.
...It was so hot we chose to sit in the shade.

She was recording sound for a school project where she'll be playing the sound while reading something she's written. Turned out while we sat there writing notes to each other to communicate so our words wouldn't disrupt the recording of environment, a weasel (or something like it and equally cute) hopped by, two guys our age drove a monster truck toy along the rocks, the train went by, children screamed from joy, girls belly laughed, the waves quietly crashed, and a peace mob paraded behind us.
See what I mean by ideal?

She might be leaving a few days after graduation. Leaving, as in moving away to Massachusetts. When she told me that yesterday it broke my heart a little. I'm going to miss her so badly and I thought we'd have time to hang out this summer before I leave for China.
Since she doesn't read these posts I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I'm hoping she doesn't get that job that plans to steal her from me two months too early.
Actually, no.
That's not fair.
I'm hoping they'll realize they don't want her just yet.
Two months, even one month is all I need to feel prepared for good byes.
Less than that might do permanent damage.


Also the other night I dreamt a sea creature was getting surgery from the Grey's Anatomy cast. He flailed his appendages in the air, one of them I clearly saw waving all around spewing blood like a hose. It was quite the mess.

Oh, and in last night's dream I was calculating what schoolwork I'd need to do to be ready for Sasquatch next weekend. I had 20 plus 14 drawing assignments to complete. That's a lot and not true.

No comments: