Tuesday, April 28, 2009

phlegm.

I've been dreaming, but not posting.
My mind has been on other things, like school, school, school, friends, the sunshine, and now a stupid cough...which has got me realizing just how uncommon a cough is for me.
And how grateful I am for that, because it hurts.

I went to the clinic today on campus. Was there 3 hours, and had to wear a face mask the whole time. The swine flu thing has some justified fears wafting around. It was an interesting experience though being the only one in a waiting room of peers, trying to do my homework and not paying any mind to how unusual I looked with that ginormous mask plastered over my face, only allowing my eyes and hair to be seen.
It was probably unsettling to them. It was just warm and stuffy for me.

Anyway, I don't have the flu. They checked, so I'm not going to die.
And now I'm just counting down the hours until I can drink some of this codeine cough medicine they gave me. I've put all of my hopes into this bottle of medicine because no sleep for two nights of coughing has made me near desperate for this magical substance that I assume will knock me out.

Also, I've realized how impatient I am with sickness. Maybe it's because I'm young. Or maybe it's just because I'm an impatient person.
I don't know.
But what I do know is anytime i'm sick I try to tell myself it's in my head, that i'm not actually sick and can go to the gym, can go work on things, can go dance...then realize i'm having these thoughts while half-asleep with a pounding headache and hoarse cough every two minutes, otherwise motionless on the couch. No, Carissa, you cannot go out dancing tonight.
This impatience I'm afraid is going to make for a difficult aging process.

In other news, Katy and I are still looking for jobs in China. I applied to a few more the other day and haven't heard anything back yet.
We're aiming for Tianjin or Xiamen.

No comments: