Tuesday, April 7, 2009

floating

dream:
last night i was on campus. i was either holding something that floats or i was standing on something that levitates. it was unclear, but either way i was floating around red square holding it/on it. i was just looking around.
i noticed a picnic table with a group of people sitting posed for a picture on it. A young boy looked nearly exactly like Jeremy but younger. I was like, "whoa" in my mind.
Then I saw Jeremy was behind him, so it was his younger brother, and there was an older lady and man, and a girl, so I assumed they were posing for a family photo.

Then I saw this lady wandering towards me with the same facial hair as Jeremy, and his younger brother. I looked to the right and saw a few more people with that same hair drawn onto their faces. I thought, "there must be some facial hair celebration today I didn't know about."

I floated away.

I floated over the stairs exiting red square and up the brick path. I realized if I moved my arms in a certain way I could make it go higher. I did that and gradually went up and up. I looked down at the people below, all watching me, stunned at my new skill.
Then I lost control. It kept going higher and higher without me directing it. I held on tight. My grip was getting moist with sweat. I looked around me and I was past the height of the all the buildings and trees, approaching the clouds. I wanted to break it or let myself off but I knew I would fall to a painful death, so instead I held on and went higher and higher until I didn't exist anymore.


Later, I was in this labyrinth of a home with family. I went to use the bathroom, which had plastic sheet walls. As I left, Chris was there. He was really upset about something, then I saw Jeremy was there too. He was trying to make Chris feel better about some girl problems he was having. They finished their conversation and Jeremy patted him on the back, then he and I walked down the hall to another room where my family was.
The things that happened are mostly still really fuzzy, but I do remember being in a room with Jeremy and my sister. He was lying on a mattress on the floor under blankets, back propped up against the wall. She was seated on a chair with her legs crossed, leaning down towards him. And I was sitting cross-legged at the foot of the bed. I was mostly listening and my sister was mostly questioning. She asked him what he planned to do with his life. And the reply was simply, "make web comics."
All the while they were talking I had my hand rested on his foot. (Which is strange because of my general dislike for feet.)
But that contact allowed us to communicate without words. When he answered her question I communicated happiness and support and he responded with calmness and confidence.
My sister at first was doubtful, but then she realized that was silly, and smiled.

No comments: