Sunday, April 19, 2009

art, art, art.

I'm almost done sewing the clothes together. Today/tonight I'm gonna try putting it on the tree, fingers crossed I measured well and it'll work out.

Also, I've found a place for my sculptures. This e-mail was going around the art department about an art auction raising money for a local middle school. So, I'm gonna contribute the washing machine, freezer, and dreamspace.
I suppose it's not professional since I wouldn't be making any money off of them, but I think it's a good solution.
I'd really like someone to have them.

I'm really feeling this fabric thing. It's surprisingly un-crafty even though the materials would be considered so. I just need to stick with it and not flake out so that ideas will progress.
All I'm wondering now is whether once I move to China it'll still seem appropriate. I mean, one of the major reasons I'm doing this is because of the excessive amounts of clothes that go unused here.

p.s. I feel like a crazy person right now, really really crazy. I think it's because of the weird sleep schedule I've fallen into.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Hi Carissa!

This is completely unrelated to your post, sorry!

I share your name, both first and last! I just thought you'd find it interesting to know that there is another Carissa Mann out there somewhere. :) Out of curiosity, what's your middle name? Mine is Lynn. I'm only about 2 years younger than you. Well, I hope you have a great day!

--Carissa

PS- I'm sure you have the same problem with people spelling and saying your name wrong- fun, isn't it? :)

Carissa said...

Wow. that's pretty weird.
Getting the notice that Carissa wrote on Carissa's wall I was so confused!
...thinking, when did I post on my own blog. and WHY?

I don't have a middle name.

And I do have the spelling problem. Also, people always want to call me Clarissa (explains it all.)
Ohhhh. and the last name. I'm sure you get a lot of the "hey mannn!"
and superhero jokes, no?

Thanks for commenting. It makes for a strange awesome start to my day.

:)
Carissa

Carissa said...

Oh, yes, we get the jokes. :) We have made up quite a few ourselves. My dad joked about calling new babies "super", "spider", etc...
And you know how people say "Oh Man!". Well, my dad sometimes says "Oh, Smith!" or whatever their last name is. :)

You have to admit it's a fun last name.

People try to call me "Clarissa" all the time!

And I have been surprised by people's creative spelling: Carisa, Karissa, Charissa, Carrisa, etc... :)

Carissa said...

I do the exact same thing as your dad. :P

And yes, I agree. It's a great last name. I plan on keeping it if I get married.

:)