Monday, April 6, 2009

the semi truck.

Today I tried painting the dream I had last night. It was an epic failure.
The dream was kinda cool though...

I was with a crowd of people, all of them friends, maybe school mates.
I looked up in the sky to watch the clouds roll by. Everything was relaxed and serene.
As I looked, appreciating the beauty, I saw a semi-truck flying up, exactly in my line of vision. It didn't have wings, but it was flying.
It flew nearly straight up, sped up and continued, then screeched to a halt. Slowly the semi did a flip like a jet might in a airflight show. It became a truck with an extended back, carrying a bunch of large tires. I could see the tires because now the truck was upside down thousands of feet above me.
Then after a moment of being still up there, it plummeted to the ground. All I could see was the stream of color it left behind as it fell.
Watching this incited terror in me.

After a breathe, I turned to a girl on my right and said "Did you see that?" still shell shocked, speaking timidly.
She hadn't. I explained it to her and she flipped out. At first she was carefree and didn't believe me, then it hit her. I was telling the truth.
This was a disaster and it was serious. I woke up feeling the dread.


The only other dream I remember from this weekend was of chewing on an eraser that I bought the day before. I was frustrated as I knawed on it.
The next day, I went to use it, remembered the dream, then coincidentally struggled for a long time with taking the two plastic wrappings from off it.

No comments: