Friday, April 10, 2009

and life goes on, as usual.

Last night my dream consisted of a hideous rash on my legs--big bright bumpy red spots covering them both, each bump with a thistle protruding out the middle.
I sat on the floor, resting on a bare wall, legs stretched out in front of me, pulling the thistles out and discarding them to the side.
Disgusting.

I also was determined to kill a man. I waited for him in a hallway, stumbling around trying to find the proper weapon, finding mostly duds or toy guns. Aware none of them would work, I still stood at the end of the hall with a door slightly ajar in front of me to hide behind, legs bent, prepared to pounce or shoot.
I was really going to kill him.
Disturbing.

And in real life, last night I watched a portion of Silent Hill...probably the reason for my icky dreams.
Also, went to see a rock/metal band made of mostly friends. They were awesome, and next time I'll do the full-on head banging with my mane like Glenn suggested. That would be incredibly fun, at least for a few minutes.
After that we went to 80s night. I ran into an old "friend." That portion of the evening I could have done without. But we made some new friends so it was fun overall.

Then today, oh today. I've got this art history reading to wade through. Seriously, wade, like through some gelatinous substance. Jello. No, something more sticky. Maple syrup, the really thick kind, dripped straight from the tree into a jar.
The thing is I literally spent 6 hours reading that article. It's a total of 30 pages and I'm not done yet. 6 hours! That is insane. Have I become a sloth, moving at the speed of,if I may use the same metaphor, maple syrup?
Hopefully not. I'd rather say it's a personally unprecedented determination to try to understand everything in this class. It's a stupid confidence thing I think.

A stupid confidence thing that I unfortunately really need at the moment.

No comments: