Saturday, July 5, 2008

Buildings and a Bubbling Blister





We went to the silk market the other day. It was intense in the badgering sense. I didn't enjoy most of the time-walking through aisles of vendors yelling nice things like 'lady I give you happy price!' in your ears. It was overwhelming and plain annoying. On the way there and back we saw these buildings. I'm not sure what the swiss cheese building is, but the contorted one is the national television broadcast's (CCTV) center.

Also, at the silk market, I bought a mahjong set from a lady I spent a good time bartering with. I feel the price was more fair, but I'm very reluctant to believe I could ever get a truly fair price.

In other news, I burnt myself badly the other day on the kettle. It's in a current state of bubbling and I'm hoping for a scar because it's not worth it to have a big blister, if you don't get to talk about your deformed skin later on. It's been fascinating watching the burnt skin change each day.



Today and yesterday have honestly been mostly boring with not much to blog about. This morning we went to breakfast at an American style restaurant and we attempted finding a place to play tennis, failed, came back home and sat around, then Justin and I just attempted the search again, succeeded and played tennis for an hour. It was my first time on the buses here and it wasn't at all stressful. I was expecting some discomfort, but the close quarters was totally fine.

Now I'm sitting around again, feeling apathetic, thinking I should be drawing or painting, but not feeling the energy enough to actually do it. Instead I'm writing this obnoxious blog.

No comments: