Thursday, July 17, 2008

afternoon dreaming

Today I took an afternoon nap, a rare thing for me to do...
and had an interesting dream, maybe I should do it more.

As I fell asleep I listened to Bjork's album Selmasongs, which are all songs from the movie 'Dancer in the Dark.' For a large portion of that movie, Bjork is playing the role of a factory worker. It's a musical, so she breaks out in song while working a few times.

Anyway, I dreamt that I was asleep beside a large machine in a factory. The machine had a screen with lines made up of numbers moving both vertically and horizontally. Where my head rest there was an input to the machine. My head nearly was on the conveyor belt that ran through the machine. The machine also had something to do with Andy Warhol. I'm wondering if I was living in his factory.
In the dream I woke up and came to the realization that my dreams were being affected by my head's proximity to the large machine.
I woke up having one of those which world am i living in moments...Am I in the dream I'm having sleeping in the factory, am I in the factory, am I in the dream dreaming about the dream in the factory, or am I just sleeping?


I also saw Andy Warhol walking around in sunglasses with thick white borders.


Right after waking we went out to pay for the airplane tickets to Kunming. On our walk through an alleyway to hail a taxi we came to a road where there were two clusters of bikes lying abandoned in the middle of the street. A lot like a scene you might find in The Happening. It was a nice complementary continuation of the surreal.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.johnlurieart.com/art/

Carissa said...

Taylor?

Anonymous said...

yes.

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa said...

check this out:
http://www.jimdenevan.com

also, did i tell you about the china blog?

Anonymous said...

no,
i found it on your myspace because i thought you might liek this guys paintings
thats soem pretty sweet sand
-