Wednesday, July 29, 2009

moving business.

So far this moving thing has proved to be (practically) easy.
I don't have too many things.
I'm passing over my lease to a fellow, which means I don't have to do the major clean-up at the end of the lease, and I can leave my furniture and kitchen things for him and my current housemate to use.
My bed is a thousand years old and probably rotting through the center so I can throw that away without feeling any guilt.
My desk was very cheap so I can put it out for free.

And I've got a ride to goodwill in exchange for help moving a friend's things so I can get rid of other things unnecessary in China.

The only thing I haven't come to a decision on is my dreamspace, washing machine, and mini-freezer.
I tried craigslist to no avail. And today I called a lady who expressed interest a while back. Hopefully she'll call back.
Otherwise I'd much rather not throw them away.
My only thought is to remove the fabric from the frame of the dreamspace and washing machine, and pack them in my suitcase...? But what am I going to do with their shells later on????
The freezer. I don't know. I like it a lot and don't really want to get rid of it. If I have kids, I want them to have it, but that makes the whole moving thing difficult. Either way, I want a kid to have it. But how?


I hate it, absolutely hate it, when art reminds you how impractical things can be.

So yeah, I've pretty much got all that stuff figured out. The emotional part not so much. The countdown on facebook and suitcase full of clothes on my floor are supposed to help with that.
The visa, not yet. The ticket though, yes.
The goodbyes I'm dreading.
Oh, and I need to figure out the cell phone, internet, and mail...

Stuff!
sometimes you make me want to huff and puff,
and blow you away.

No comments: