Friday, July 10, 2009

food.

I dreamt of helping an old lady down a steep slope and along a muddy path into a muddy cave.
It was strange and very vivid.

Also, I've really decided to cook things now. I'm doing it cheaply since I can't seem to find a job, but also making exciting things. Turns out I've got quite a few ingredients in my cabinets I forgot about. :)
Yesterday I made a black eyed pea soup with spinach, shallots, sweet onion, garlic, fresh basil, tomato sauce, and paprika. It was surprisingly delicious. I also made my first good loaf of bread.
Today I'm going to make a polenta dish with eggplant and zucchini.
I'm also going to make carrot muffins and possibly biscotti.

Luckily I'm planning for a potluck tomorrow night so I won't have to eat it all. Plus I've got a friend whose offered up her stomach for my endeavors.

No comments: