Friday, December 5, 2008

my dreams are infiltrating reality

Dream:
Last night I was backstage for an impromptu play some people I knew were putting on.
They were doing a terrible job so I tried to help.
They weren't being funny and they were acting really awkward and self-conscious.
I thought maybe I could pretend to be an actor/comedian and make the show funny.
There were a ton of people in the audience.

So, I noticed there was a fake convertible made of sheets of plastic. It was low to the ground, and I sat in it and rode it across the stage while they were doing their thing. I made a silly face in hopes that it would make some people laugh. I heard a couple chuckles but apparently it wasn't amusing enough to save the show.
So, I asked Maryann to come help and we rode it together, into the scene, completely disrupting what the other people on stage were doing. We were delivering something to them, but I can't remember what it was. It was some kind of "funny" object.
It didn't quite work either.


Also last night I found out I dreamt something that didn't happen, but was completely convinced it had. It's confusing because it logically must have.
I dreamt that somebody was raving about this author who has written this Vampire series, of which a movie is coming out soon called Twilight. She was talking about how much she loved the books and showed Katie and I an interview on youtube where the author was speaking. She was totally convinced that the author looked like a vampire herself and Katie and I didn't quite agree so we were nicely encouraging while doubtful. Last night I was at Maryann's and she started speaking about this author. I remembered the encounter I just described, realizing it was about the same person, but for the life of me, could not remember who was showing us that thing on youtube. Somebody was also talking about Forks and the fact that the stories are set there. (I think this may have been real, at a local restaurant with some friends of Kevin's) I remember even looking at a map, trying to find Forks. I called Katie and asked her if the youtube encounter was real, and she said that never happened.
But it's crazy, because I didn't know anything about these books until last night when Maryann was talking about it.
That memory must have been a dream, but it was a weird prophetic dream.
I feel like I'm losing my mind and it's honestly a little bit scary.

3 comments:

leila said...

CARISSA! sheda, my sister, was totally talking about this, and Forks, and the Twilight series, and the youtube video of the author looking like a vampire and blah blah blah ... it happened, just with shaun and me and sheda.

if it makes you feel any better, i had a dream about a soldier climbing out of an american aircraft that had a huge print of the american flag all over it, and then exploding the aircraft into an substation ... which was right next to this pool that i was exercising in ... with my classmates from high school ... including a girl with muscular dystrophy, called Katrina, and i went back to rescue her and take her to canada ... which we accessed by walking along the length of the pool IN the pool. and when we got there canada and canadians looked like indonesia and indonesians. it was very colourful and smelled like clove cigarrettes.

Carissa said...

wow. okay. I feel so much better now!
For some reason I was convinced Katie was with me during that whole discussion...
so I guess I'm senile, not crazy.

I like your dream.

Jeremy said...

Carissa. Damn it.

If you are going to have a prophetic dream, don't have it about Twilight. Maybe have it about something useful.

Come on, Carissa. You are never going to be High Priestess of a secret mystery cult at this rate. Open that third eye!