Wednesday, December 31, 2008

famished girl selling pastries.

Last night I dreamt I was in a high-school, sitting in a bathroom stall.
I saw through the stall that there was a young famished girl sitting in one of the sinks, with a plate of twisted pastries beside her. She was really pretty, with tan skin and earth tone clothes. She had long straight brown hair with a couple of braids. She was asking the girls coming into the bathroom if they'd like to buy a pastry.

Two girls walked in, ignoring her. They stood looking at themselves and one was commending the other for being able to starve herself for a longer period of time than she was capable of. They were both stick thin. Then the girl in the sink asked them if they'd like some pastries. The girl who starved herself longer went into a stall and the other one asked the girl what they were and for how much. The girl replied, explaining what they were made of, and that they were 5 dollars. She debated it, tasting one. The girl in the stall yelled out to her, saying she shouldn't do it because they have such and such in them. That would make her fat.

I told my mom this part of the dream and she pointed out the irony. I don't know if I've ever had irony in my dreams before.

Another part of the dream I was in the art department at Western. My sculpture class was just ending, and I was working on a project that was about how everything is a part of everything. I was building a structure in which boxes fit into other boxes, then in the center there was a tiny box that held trinkets which also opened, like a locket and a tiny tiny hollow disco ball. The structure became a huge tower and I placed it inside a sort of crevice made of cardboard. It looked like a big crack in a rock face.
Then I was getting ready to leave the classroom when I remembered that a guy I know, Kevin, was in the next class, photography. A girl came in, an acquaintance of mine, and she said, "Hey, Kevin is in this class." And I replied, "Oh yeah? What's his last name?"
"Cornell"...totally not the guy's last name, but in the dream it was.
"Oh." I said disgruntled.

Then I sat down to put on my All Stars. It was taking me forever to lace them back together and tie a bow. While I was still doing it, Kevin walked in, but he looked like one of the dancers in "America's Next Dance Crew." It was the Asian guy in Supreme Soul, who actually does look a lot like Kevin. He walked in with a ton of attitude, walking like a gangster, baggy pants riding low, a backwards baseball cap, and a smug look on his face. He looked up and saw me. I said hi, and he just gave me a head nod, then turned away.
I was pissed. I stopped tying me shoes and stomped off, pushing tables and trash cans out of my way as I stormed out of the room.

Later what happened is too dream-like to describe. If only I could connect my mind with magical plug to a monitor and show you what happened.

No comments: