Saturday, June 6, 2009

art show, photos to come.

Last night was great.
The art opening went really well. Tons of people came and I got a lot of great comments about my house.
This one man came up to me and told me his lover's mother makes fabric people.
No kidding?! So I made an awesome contact with this man and I'll go look at his mom's art one of these days at his studio.

I talked to him for a good time about keeping up inspiration in life. His advice was travel, having a lover that supports your art endeavors and getting rid of the friends that don't support you. It was funny to have him tell me that. Apparently he's had friends who were a real negative influence in his life, so stopping communication with them helped him keep up with his art. He looked only slightly embarrassed to admit that.
I stepped next door to see his paintings and was there for a good time.

When I went back to our gallery I had a text message, someone was calling me, and the moment I stepped in everyone was like "where were you?! we were trying to find you! someone spilled wine on your house."
oh, man.

so I went in the house and there was an enormous red wine stain on my bed. it was sort of my fault for having made a bed of cardboard. It looked solid, so of course somebody was bound to sit on it.
I quickly flipped the sheet so I could cover the stain with the pillow, but there was still stain showing.
Luckily, I had wrapped a wine bottle in fabric so I placed it beside the stain.
Not at all what I wanted. This was supposed to be a throwback to childhood and fantasy. Alcohol doesn't fit in the concept at all.

But anyway, oh well.

I wish family could have been there, because I really feel that fabric installation and what nots is what I'm really into and possibly the direction I'll continue to take. Having the show felt somewhat significant.

Today I'm gonna take thorough photographs of everything in the space though, so it'll be like you (family that is reading this...)were there. :)

1 comment:

Calli said...

for some reason the opening bummed me out.
I'm excited to spend time with your house when I'm watching the gallery on friday. :)