Monday, September 1, 2008

another day

Today I returned to Bellingham. Shaun and Leila gave me a ride, once again. They're really generous...I've got a lot to give back in the world.

Shaun hooked up my new internets, and then we dropped off a load of things I needed to get rid of at Value Village. I've been waiting to get rid of those things for something like two years, but the value village is so far away so it was never practical to take them on an hour's commute, waiting for bus transfers, and relatively long bus rides, to get there.
After that we went to Lafeen's, a sweet little donut shop that looks like it's straight out of the 80s...not that I really now, being that I was 3 when the 90s arrived.
The clerk was an excited, social guy, probably around 17 years old. His first words were "Awesome glasses!" I feel a little ashamed when people comment on them, since they aren't prescription. I recognize I'm posing as a person with poor eyesight, but all for vanity and fun. I still question my own feelings about it.

We ate donuts, then they headed back to Seattle and I called Katie, seeing she had called me a while earlier.
Her and I walked to Fairhaven, taking advantage of the sunshine and blue skies that are too rare here to neglect. I bought an avacado at Haggen, since we felt there needed to be some reason for being there, then we walked back to our side of town. I told her all about Bumbershoot, and tried demonstrating the oddly deliberate moves of the smirky man.

When our stomachs began to growl, we made some burritos with sauteed green peppers and onion with grilled chicken and refried black beans. It was delish. We watched Robin Hood while eating until we realized it wasn't going fast enough for our taste...so we watched Grey's Anatomy instead.
Now I've come home and have a strange spurt of energy but wish I were tired. I really don't want to be awake until 3 am a third night in a row. That's just establishing a routine. It's okay to stay up that long with someone, chatting, but alone it's just plain boring, boring, boring...

So is this post.

Tomorrow, if I'm not too sleepy from being awake all night, I'll go job hunting some more and maybe to the gym. It's irresistible-I definitely feel a pull to exersize for the rush of endorphins.

No comments: