Friday, September 5, 2008

I did dream a dream, but not a particularly "amazing" one.

I woke up, annoyed about being awake, and remembering maybe what was the most recent dream I had.
I dreamt I was walking through a grocery store that was more of a town and a very large, muscular man came towards me, then turned his back at me. I saw there was a baby dangling on his back like a monkey with his arms sprawled on either side of his father's neck. His dad was holding him up by the hands.

Showing me his baby, I noticed there was a thread wrapped around one of his fingers. Apparently this big burly man was worried whatever was on his son's finger could be hurting him. What's strange is he couldn't see his son at all, so he just knew there was something on his finger intuitively (or with some other magical power.)
I began to unravel the thread from off of his hand. His fingers were so tiny and soft. One piece of the thread was tied tightly around the tip of his finger, so I took the scissors out of my pocket (?) and began to attempt cutting it off. I informed the father this is what I was doing, since he seemed like a sensitive man who might want this information. I told him I would be as careful as can be. But, I accidentally cut the baby's finger at the top, just as I got the thread off. I told him I accidentally nicked his son's finger, and he said calmly, "Oh, I'm sure it's fine, as long as it didn't break the skin."
But it had. In reply I muttered a sort of nondescript word for fear of telling him I had made his dear son bleed.
He walked away with a bit of a hop in his step, happy that his son's problem had been resolved.

Things happened,
then I saw them from a distance in the same store/town and there were profuse amounts of blood flowing from his son's finger. There was far too much blood for the tiny cut I made on his finger, but it still felt like I was to blame.

My mind wandered on to something else at this point and didn't acknowledge any feelings of guilt, or interact with the two any further. I kind of wish it had. It feels so unresolved...


I also dreamt my friend Katie quit her job at Mediterranean Specialties, then was walking around, having to avoid her previous bosses. She was literally dodging around between aisles to avoid their line of sight. That was entertaining.

No comments: