Thursday, November 27, 2008

the sun is out.

I'm in Seattle now, as of yesterday afternoon.
Got to see Steve last night, after months of not. We had about an hour to catch up, so it was a rapid conversation of what we've been doing with a lot of brief explanations.
I'll see him again one of these days and maybe we'll have longer to talk.
One thing brought up that I need to think more about is the idea of returning to China after I graduate. For some reason, being back, I began to fear that idea, but I'm not exactly sure why. I want to figure that out, and then battle it, so that I can make plans to return without myself stopping me. :)
Thing is, my heart actually ached when I overheard a Chinese couple speaking to one another a few weeks back. I think I'm in love with China.

Leila is super duper pregnant at the moment. Her belly is projecting outwards, and you can actually imagine a baby curled up in there now. She keeps telling me to touch different parts of the mound, saying that the baby's whatever part is there at that time. You can feel some extra pressure, but not actual contours of body parts, like I foolishly expected.
They're at the airport or on their way back right now, picking up Leila's sister, Sheda.

We may actually postpone Thanksgiving until tomorrow because the ideal would be to spend the whole day in a joint effort to prepare the meal.

Let's see, what else can I say. I'm kind of bored right now. I just finished up prepping a Journalism poster, which I'll need to work more as soon as I return to Bellingham.

There are a lot of people outside jogging and speedwalking through the neighborhood. They must be prepping their metabolisms for the extra food today. Literally every other minute someone goes by, flushed cheeks and heavy breathing. I'm kind of jealous.

Haven't been remembering dreams. They'll come back though. I'm starting to think I remember them for about a month, then don't remember them the next. There's definitely a pattern.

No comments: