Friday, November 21, 2008

dry spell

I thought I had a remembering dreams dry spell, until just now.
Something literally just came to me, but it's not a significant portion of the night's dreams.

I was sitting on a toilet that was raised really high from the ground. I had to climb up to get in. The barrier was a curtain. A man opened the curtain and took a hammer to the toilet seat exposed between my legs. I jumped off as he retracted his hammer and ran away. I later found him and yelled at him for being such a jerk. I blamed him for me losing my things, because it was a bathroom/shower, which meant I was naked, which meant all of my belongings I had left behind and in running away from him I also ran away from my them.
He didn't care. He would hardly look me in the eyes. I remember thinking I'd need to keep yelling at him so that he would understand what a ridiculous thing he had just done. I thought I could connect with him if I continued to badger him. I was desperate to make him feel compassion or guilt.
He never did. He was always blank faced and hardly spoke. There were people all around but none of them really cared either. They didn't want to get into my business.

I think this dream may have a come from my recent viewing of American Psycho.

2 comments:

Calli said...

Yes, I agree you can blame the movie!

I dream about dysfunctional toilet/shower/bathroom situations sometimes too. Usually they involve an increasingly unsuccessful/surreal search for privacy. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Jeremy said...

This is fun. I like indirectly effecting your subconscious. I wonder what other movies I can use to induce crazy dreams.